10 Reasons to Use Folding Accordion Doors
There are a number of reasons why someone might choose to use accordion doors. They can be used for security purposes, as they allow the user to close off an area without any barriers or obstructions. They are also perfect for creating the illusion of space, which is especially important in areas that have limited square footage.
www.SpecialtyDoors.com has been providing high-quality products since 1996. They have been a trusted supplier to architects, interior designers and businesses, with a wide selection of makes & styles of doors and door hardware.
What are accordion doors?
Folding accordion doors are a sliding door that is created from multiple panels. These panels can divide and separate multiple spaces. They can also function as an entrance to a single room.
It is also a good choice for large areas, such as hallways in a commercial space.
There are many types and styles of accordion doors, so the one you choose has to match your décor.
Ten reasons why it is beneficial to use folded accordion doors in design
- 1. Accordion doors are a cost-effective way to save space. Unlike conventional doors, they have no swing radius, making them great for homeowners and offices looking to create extra floor area.
- 2. A folding accordion door provides a clean, modern appearance. Any home or office can benefit from their minimalist design.
- 3. With their folding accordion design, accordion doors can be used as a divider for any space of any size.
- 4. It comes in a variety of colors and designs – such as panel, decorative, half moon and more – that will surely complement your existing decor. You can even request to have your own design on the panels.
- 5. Many interior applications can be found for accordion doors. Clothes closets, bedrooms, powder rooms, and others could benefit from folding accordion doors. Commercial spaces of all kinds can benefit from heavy-duty accordion doors to divide, block sound, maintain privacy. This includes offices, warehouses, classrooms, banquet & meeting rooms in hotels, church and other places of worship, event venues, concert halls, hospitals and more.
- 6. When they’re not in use, accordion doors fold up flat against the wall. They can later be opened to give you full access.
- 7. It’s quite easy to install accordion doors. With brands like Woodfold, Mobilflex, and Curtition, your exact requirements can be met.
- 8. Lockable accordion doors offer additional security when needed, and are still capable of opening fully when necessary.
- 9. Accordion door panels provide privacy. Depending on their form, certain types of panels will let light in through their slits.
- 10. With accordion doors you can save energy. Unlike conventional doors, they cut down your A/C use to ⅓, so with accordion doors, your energy bills will be lower.
What are the major manufacturers of accordion doors?
Manufacturers include Woodfold, Curtition, Mobilflex and Screenflex. Most of these doors are made in the U.S.A. and designed to provide decades of service.
It’s amazing how close the doors you get will match your request when you shop at Specialty Doors.